Friday, April 17, 2009

lunch box talks



Word up. Man I freaking love grapes, I am eating some stellar red sedless grapes right now. Freaking awesome. I used to hate eating my lame lunch, but now that I added some grapes to the mix, its awesome.

Anyway, lets talk Rebels real quick. Those not as privilliged to have attended A Great American Public University, please scroll down.

The diamond Rebs play Florida this weekend. We gotta win this series if we want to be in the running for a regional host site. Projections have us being a 2 seed at Clemson and being pared up with LSU as the national seed. As of now you have 3 of the 8 national seeds going to SEC schools (Arky, UGA and LSU)we lost the series to LSU by 2 runs, but still can take UGA and Arky. We must take care of business now, and for sure next weekend if we have hopes of hosting. We are just a scrappy team, not a tone of big name players, we just find a way to get things done. Frustrating part is that it is a roller coaster ride being a rebel fan. But we should all be used to that by now. I wanna go to Omaha so freaking bad. I hope we can do it this year.

Spring Football game is Saturday. I will not be in attendance, I have little league practice. We won last night 20-10. Our pitching is so brutal, walk after walk, and none of the kids retain a damn thing. One of the kids knows I despise LSU and he wore a purple undershirt yesterday to piss me off. Anyway, the Rebels are projected to be a top 10 team this year. Yea, just let that soak in for a second.................................................................................................................................................................... Yea a top 10, holy shitballs. I mean we won't know what to do if we can do what we have the capabilities of doing. From Chris Low of ESPN --Notice I didn't include Ole Miss quarterback Jevan Snead in this conversation. That's because he could make a legitimate run if he picks up where he left off last season and the Rebels play their way to Atlanta for the SEC Championship Game.


I mean we are all over ESPN, CNNSI, Rivals and I love it.

Please copy this link and read this Rebel fans.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=4069907

I am already planning the Shark Tank Tailgate for the game @ Memphis and @ Vandy. When we go the SEC championship game expect one there and either the Rose Bowl or Sugar. For those of you that didn't go to the Shark Tank at the Cotton Bowl it was a blast. 350 People, Open Bar, Catered food, DJ all before the game. So you will have to get your fins up and join. It will be first come first serve though.

So my friend Joey told me he did not find the 5 chapters of that book in progress funny. I was highly offended, he said it was a waste of his time and everyone that went to college has those stories. Well not everyone that went to college publishes them, and the fact that I can relate to making fun of the same people Claire does, remembering the blurs of my tenure at Ole Miss and hell the times I go back as an Alum make the stories even better. Boo on you Joey? Anyone else feel the same way as him? If so they are selling new senses of humor at Wal-Mart, go buy one.

On to easter weekend. It was fun, flew back home to Houston for it. Always enjoy it, the Tex-Mex was the first thing I went after once I got off the plane and it did not fail me. I enjoyed the 3 Tex-Mex meals in 3 days I had. Friday night was just a disaster. Started off good, went to Spin class at some new gym by my house, went to lunch with a buddy of mine and then chillaxed for a while. Then invited some people over for dinner with my fam. I cooked dinner, see photo at the top. It was good to finally cook for these people that hear about me cooking all the time and then actually getting to do it for them was fun. Well thats when the pounding of the wine started. Go big or go home right..... well after polishing off a couple bottles between me and 3 others we met up with Ben at Foundation Room at House of Blues. It was bad ass as expected. We drank red wine until our teeth turned purple. Saw a tone of trendy button downs with dragons and neat creatures on them being worn by oversized middle aged men. Took some horrific shots before leaving, I am talking straight vodka pretty much, you know the ones that make your eyes water, as soon as you set the glass down you clutch the bar look down and pray that nothing comes up, attempting to talk is not an option as your hand is in a fist over your mouth, all your attention is focused on not letting everyone know what you thought of the shot. So we are couple shots in, couple bottles down things are looking pretty good right. Sike, they are looking pretty hazey. We leave foundation room and thats when things get just downright fuzzy. We allegedly went to 3 other bars after foundation room. I only remember one of them. I was apparently party boying again. Gotta love it right. Stayed there for all of 10 minutes until I made everyone leave for some reason, to go to the next bar. Where more shots were taken, and lonely dancing occured. After that all I remember is waking up outside of Bens house on his driveway looking up at the sky. O boy. My mother gave me $200 that night and said, now don't you spend this on anything stupid. Well mom, sorry. I wish I could tell you where that two hundy went, but no dice. I woke up without a wallet and like 10 bucks. I quickly texted those who were with me to find out if they had my wallet, and sure enough one of them did, gah, what a close call that would have blew. Ben called me after I left later in the afternoon on Saturday and said, well hell I wish we woulda drank last night. Another eventful night for party boy, maybe I should try acting my age sometime..............hmmmmmmmmmmm. Lets see what happens this weekend, I am cooking out tonight and then some of my buds from Med School are coming up to hang, so the forecast looks cloudy.........

**That other pic is what I sent to Henry (roomate) who went to state before we played them in Baseball and whooped that ass in Jackson this week 8-1. But the brightside of MSU Baseball is that they already outscored the MSU football team. 45-0 baby!!!! Hotty Toddy!

Afternoon Videos



Loving this song right now....


Start your weekend off right with a little Kenny Powers!

I might have to copy some of those moves...

The best of.......

No comments: