Friday, April 24, 2009

Pump the jams, pump it up








Ear me now, ear me now. Check it. Famous words from my main man, Ali G.

Word up it's Friday and I am pumped. I am like a kid in school, on that last day of school before summer, just chompin at the bits to get out. Why you ask? Well you saw the photos above by god thats why.

#1 UGA comes to town to take on the #11 Rebels. Robert Earl Keen is tonight at the Lyric and Double Decker is tomorrow. Can't get much better than that, not to mention the weather should be in the low 80's and clear. Ballin.



So the Rebs have a chance to shatter some attendance records at Swayze this weekend, will it happen? Well hell why not, brand new park, double decker, bad ass weather and playing the #1 team in the country outta do it. I think we also have the opportunity to take 2/3 from the dawgs which could put us in place to become a national seed, and when you are a national seed the percentage of going to Omaha is something like 88%. Now, I know, when we were a national seed back in 05 we got paired up with Texas who ended up being the National Champions that year, but we got the fist job on the seeding. But I think if we play like we are capable of playing, we will have no problem taking on anyone. To be honest ever since 05, I have not been scared to play anyone. I think we are a premier program and know that we can compete with ASU, Texas, USC, Miami and all the other traditional powers.

Well my little league team the Padres, well we went 1-2 this week. I swear I think someone is playing a joke on me because it seems as if I got the most uncordinated group of kids out there. Damn kids look like they are wearing rollerblades for the first time out there. They need to grow a pair, stop being scared of the ball and get some flexibility. They are almost 15 and they still throw like pansies. They need Kenny Powers out there.

Well I gotta run and do some work before I transform myself into a freshmen again for the weekend. I will let you know how things work out....

No comments: