Monday, April 27, 2009

Stellar Weekend Folks

Top of the morning.

Stellar weekend folks. Lets start the day off by laughing at some dbags.


This seriously could be one of my all time favorites of the guid in training.



Now onto the weekend. What an amazing weekend. Oxford is my favorite place ever, most of you probably don't know that or that I really like Ole Miss because I never talk about either. SIKE. The weather could not have been better. Clear skies low 80's and breezy. Perfection.

Folks the Rebels are good. We just took the series from #1 UGA. The simple fact that we were 1 pitch away from potentially sweeping the series speaks volumes for how good we really are. Like I have said before, we are not flashy, we aren't going to over power you with homeruns. What we will do is grind out runs, get people on base, move people over and play solid defense. I will take that any day of the week. We are a complete team that competes and has someone new step up and be a leader each game. Our pitching has been terrific, which was a question coming into the spring. Bittle will be a first round pick in the draft. If we continue doing what we do, we will be setting up nice for the post season.

The atmosphere this weekend was top notch. Here are some quotes from UGA

UGA head coach Dave Perno:

"It's not just the environment...it's the stadium. They've got everything. It's done right. It's the best we've been in, not just the environment and being tough to play in, but just the looks, the aesthetics. Everything's done right and I tip my hat to Mike, Ole Miss and their athletic department. They've done a great job."

Georgia player Rich Poythress:

“It's the best environment I've been around...I've been to LSU. I've been a lot of places, and it's the best environment, other than Omaha, that I've seen in college baseball."

Thats what Texas Coach Auggie Garrido said when he came in 05, Miami coach Jim Morris said we have the best atmosphere, not to mention the countless other teams that have come in and said that Ole Miss has the best enviroment in college baseball. Argue what you want about Mississippi State, LSU and Arkansas. But in my opinion you cannot beat ours. The student section is really the cherry on top that sets us apart from every team in the nation. No other student body supports their team like the Rebels. I think we are setting up not only for a Regional but a National Seed.

Sure we dropped the series to USC, LSU (by 2 freaking runs)and TCU, but are they better than us? Absolutely not. That day they were, and I hate to be the fan that tries to justify the losses by saying "well, baseballs baseball." but the fact is, it is. It's a wierd game. And great teams lose. Thats why they play so many games, you have to look at the entire resume not just 1 or 2 or ever 3 series. We can compete with anyone. We aren't scared. We might be making a trip to Omaha folks, I honestly think we have the capabilities. And boy o boy, if we go to Omaha, this Ninja is going to be there in full effect with nothing but 1 bell and a whistle and maybe some leaves infront of my junk party boying every person around.

Here is a look at the SEC

1. LSU (14-7)
2. Georgia (14-7)
3. Arkansas (13-7)
4. Ole Miss (13-8)
5. Florida (13-8)
6. Alabama (12-9)
7. Vanderbilt (10-10)
8. South Carolina (9-12)
9. Auburn (8-13)
10. Kentucky (7-14)
11. Tennessee (6-15)
12. Mississippi State (6-15)

Next Week

Alabama at State
LSU at Arkansas
Ole Miss at Auburn
Florida at Georgia
Tennessee at Kentucky
Vanderbilt at South Carolina


Now lets talk about the shit show that was.

Friday night was pretty lax, I mean sure I had some brews at the game, and left in the 7th to get to Robert Earl Keen, but by no means it was crazy. I jammed out at Lyric with some Frat Rats from Houston and we talked about how cool Texas was and just your normal Texas People talk. But by no means crazy. Then took it to the house.

Saturday, Double Decker Day.

Well woke up and freshened up and headed to the field to go wait in line in left. got there at about 11:30am with Marcus, craked a beer and started to jam out with the older guy next to us in line, we were 16th in line. Collin joined us shortly after and we just kicked it. Shortly after I was introduced to one of my blogger fans ( I only have 4 or 5 and I know all of them so this was exciting) so we had a little chit chat, by 1:55pm it was time to get ready for the chair race, for those of you that don't know this is what the line is like.



it's like the running of the bulls. We got our chairs set up and headed to the square to eat. Eat. ha. no such luck. Instead jello shots and hunch punch were suitable. Within the hour I was at a buddies house on the square, after being a couple of beers deep, I had had 3 everclear jella shots, and 2 cups of the punch, needless to say I way on the highway to the danger zone. Went back to the field at about 3:15pm and proceeded to drink more beer and Jam out to the ipod. Great crowd in left. The smell of the grill going, the booze. It's just what Oxford smells like. Good times. After the game, we went to the boom boom room (library) and from like 8:30pm until that joker shut down I party boyed and dropped it like it was hot,I was sweating like a had just ran a marathon and my hips didn't lie. If I wasn't on the dance floor, best believe I was just going up to randos and shaking my badunkadunk to any female. Yup, another weekend of being that guy. And wanna know an amazing piece of information. I did not even have a beer, drink in my hand in the 4 1/2 hours I was there. I was steady ballin with out booze, well because I already had enough I suppose, and its hard to drink when both your hands are on the ground shakin your ass in the air. For some reason Dave is right, white people catalog everything we drink no matter how drunk we get. We know we had 17 beers, 2 shots, what we ate.

No comments: