Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

Hello to all.

Shitty weather here in the Mid-South. It has canceled my trip to Nashvegas, as the weather is not condusive to watching a baseball game or playing a game for that matter. So best of luck to my Rebels. I will miss not being able to go to SATCO, and chillaxin with my folks up in Nashville. But, I will soon make a trip there.

So on the way to work this morning, I was flipping through all the radio stations like I think most of us do. I landed on Hot 107.1, a Rap station. I am white, I realize that, but I like rap. I like country, rock, spanish, classical, I pretty much listen to everything. Well, a commercial was on right before the song, it was for a animal clinic. They said "Come see us, we are in the heart of whitestation, 100% black owned and operated". Now how the hell is that ok? That does not make me ever wanna go there. In fact I wanted to call and say, hey listen I am a white guy who listens to rap occasionally, and that is just not right. Would it be ok for a business to advertise as 100% white owned and operated? No. What they are showing is that unlike what they want to be doing, Progressing society. They are regressing. They, and when I say they I am obviously generalizing as not everyone wants this but here in Memphis, it's like Black vs White. It's sometimes annoying. I mean, if you were in the hospital and the doctor was black, asian, indian, would that stop you from wanting his help. Hell no. Are you not going to go to a restaurant because a certain ethnicity owns it? No. So again, why the hell is it ok to promote that? I mean I understand that the dominate audiance that listens to that station is African American, but like anything you are going to have a mix. I can assure you that you will never here that on 107.5 which is the top 40's station. And you certainly will never here the country station advertise a "white business". We live in an era that I would like to consider equal, if anything favoring minorities. Which is fine. Everyone deserves an equal opportunity, if you are willing, committed and have a strong work ethic. The society we live in now, Black President, Female CEO's, Indian Doctors, Chinnesse Accountants; where a 25 year old can be a billionare and a 60 year old can be homeless. This is America, and it provides opportunities for all kinds. That add just really pissed me off.

Next subject. Cass and I hit spin class this morning, like our usual Friday routine. We both have hit 20LB of weight loss. I am so pumped. My gut doesn't stick out like it used to. I mean back around the cotton bowl, just look at my facebook pictures and you can see my gut sticking out, it was gross. I could rest a beer on it. Sick. It was time for it to go, and thats when I got my mind set on changing my ways, and I have. I eat right, take in good amounts of water and exercise 5-7 times a week. No fried food. Lots of veggies. Lots of sweating. Lots of me wanting to punch the spin teacher in the ovaries. But it has paid off. I still have 13 LBS to go. May 1 I would like to be 180. Which is what I came to Ole Miss at. We will see.

Any Memphians doing anything this weekend? 126 Household is thinking about the St. Pattys parade and pub crawl tomorrow. (after spin class) Tonight maybe sushi or the crawfish boil at the red rooster. Anyone that wants to chillax, just holla, holla, holla.







Real or fake, you be the judge. Hilarious though.

No comments: