Monday, March 2, 2009

Hurray for Monday

Just kidding, we can't be that excited can we? Just another beautiful Monday here in Memphis, windy and chilly. High in the 40's low in the 20's. Amazing. SIKE. Freaking wind is brutal, luckily my little league practice got canceled. Woulda been the opposite of fun out there trying to run a practice while watching all the hot moms stick around practice to watch their kids play.

Great weekend on my part. I did NOTHING. And I loved every second of it aside from terrible food experiences. Not that the food was ever really bad, it was just the act of getting the food that sucked ass. Friday night, I was starving. This must be prefaced with my lunch M-F so you can understand my frustrations....

4 oz of turkey (no bread)
15 pringles --literally. thats 100 calories
1 apple
1 cup of carrots
1 90 calorie granola bar.

So anyway, leave work. Pumped. Happy its Friday right, just like the rest of the working and non working world. Get home around 530. We make plans to leave the house at 620 to head out east where we were eating (Cozymels - the only decent mexican joint in Memphis, this is the standard of texmex where I come from)well, of course....females disrupt this plan, and my stomach is eating itself. We do not leave until like 650. I am furious, and when I get hungry I get a little edgy. Sorry but hunger will do it to you. On the way there, we hit every damn red light. It's raining and Poplar Ave in really a 4 lane road that they turned into 6 but I was still driving like a NASCAR racer trying to get there. Just frustrated as all hell we finally arrive. We order margaritas and they taste just like what I am sure the piss of a drunk person who just had like 10 margaritas tasted. Frustrated again. But the chips and salsa did not fail me. Nor did my fish tacos.

Saturday -- Spin class 845am. Get back, clean house. Eat a good lunch at Cordellias on the island. Snow fall begins. I will get to that later, right now its about food. Well Cass and I watch the golf tourney, the snow and the rebs on the tube before heading to Beale St for oysters and zydeco fest. Well we waited on some folks, late again head to Silkys around 7. Agitated again, because I had eaten a wrap at noon, we ordered oysters. Now I have never had raw oysters, and those who know me might find that a bit surprising. But they weren't anything to write home to the folks about. Didn't get me full. I had 3. Still STARVING. We go meet our other roomate at BB Kings and they are slammed. Well we stay for awhile and by the time I get my grub its 930PM. Not very happy, but happy because I ordered alligator gumbo and had some zydeco on in the background. I dominated that gumbo along with my Louisiana hot sauce which I put on everything. Happy Ian. We hang around a little bit longer and head to the house. Snow is falling heavily and has coated the streets.

Sunday, o it's what I love about Sundays .....

We (roomies and GF's) decided to go to the Arcade after sledding. The Arcade has been featured in a handful of movies, magazines, food network, travel channel, blah blah blah. It's been open since 1919 and pretty much everyone in Memphis knows about it. It's just a down home cooking place. Grits, Biscuits, Ect. Well we arrive. Crowded, every table is full and it is the ole "table will be ready in just a minuet" trick. Well it wasn't that long, but certainly not a minute. Liars. Anyway, they sit us at a round table by the window, which is good because i parked in a tow-a-way zone so I was in perfect condition to quickly run out in case any sight of a tow vehicle came by. The table of 5 was seated at a table for 9. Needless I had plenty of room to kick it while I watched the couples just googoogaagaa over eachother, at one point I thought they were going to ask for a drink with 2 straws......or like this...

Sick. I know right. Try living with emmmm.....geeez.
Anyway, so a freaking hour goes by and the anger starts to kick it. I am getting pissy. They bring out our food after the waitress never stopping by to say it will be right out, let me check the food. I am not one to complain, as I have been on the other side of things before, but damn they were teter-tottering with me. They brought out a poor excuse for an omelet, that I quickly drenched with Louisiana Hot Sauce. They forget my hashbrowns, which weren't good anyway. I was ready to leave. Arcade.FAIL. I equate it to Denny's. I would encourage others to visit Bosco's or Majestic Grille prior to that experience, but still go so you can say "you went". Walking out of the restaurant alone (I'm single and went with the couples) I had this song playing in my head as they walked out, it was like slow mo... almost made me tear up. So sweet....


Eating out this weekend, on an empty stomach....no DICE.

Snow.....so bad ace. We got about 6 1/2'' to 7'' over on the island. Now for you yanks that might not be much, but by God here in the south thats the equivalent to Colorado. Freaking awesome. I was peeling out, throwing snowballs, just like a little kid. Sunday morning the residents of 126 riverwalk headed sledding and it was so much fun. I will post pics later. I also was a good neighbor and helped push someones car out of the snow who slid into a yield sign. Im just such a nice guy.......

Rebs lost. Lets not talk about it. More after lunch or maybe tomorrow. Not sure yet.

Paige Bee and Anna Leigh May are the coolest, sweetest, nicest girls ever.


Good day.

No comments: