Monday, February 23, 2009

Munday.

Just when we were all getting comfy at home this weekend, BAM Monday. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Pretty Chill Friday night here in the Mid South. If you have not seen My Best Friends Girl, DO IT. Freaking Hilarious. My favorite line is when he is at the Strip Club on a date, and the stripper is giving him a lap dance. She is grinding on him and is bent over (ass in his face) when he looks toward his date and says, "looks like she wants to play whos at the door, o I don't know let me look through the peep hole". It was funny, vulgar, and just down right a good flick for all to see.



I went to spin class early Saturday morning. I swear those damn seats are imbeded with a God Awful smell that carries with what you wear, it is terrible. But spin was good. I burned some goo, it was suprisingly crowded for a Saturday at 9am, more so than the midweek sessions. Music was terrible this time around, but I am making a cd with some boner jamz that will be good for the ole spin class. I have lost 13-15 LBS since Jan 5, depending on the time of day and day of the week that I weigh. Goal is to drop 30. It WILL be attained. I think I am on track, and this is going to probably take 4-6 months I think to drop the 30 though. I certainly don't think my saturday night helped out the cause.

We went to the Phoenix Club party, where we saw the following band perform. I have seen them before, they put on a good show.

I began the afternoon drinking some margaritas at the house and watching the Rebels destroy Georgia in basketball. They were pretty stout. Then went and ate dinner at Orleans on Front, which was OK, ambieance was good, but under staffed and my meal choice wasn't great, Gumbo and Salad. Hey, I wanted something light before going out. Walked from there to the party which was off 2nd and Monroe downtown. If I were a weatherman, I would have guessed there to be 350-500 people there. They had hunch punch which I dominated, bobbing my head on the balcony and people watching. Left there and went to a bar on Beale. Got tanked and headed to Denny's with some folks, where Cass said he would pay for my food if he could order the food for me and I would have to eat it with my hands behind my back. Well having been marinating for most of the night, I thought it was a grand idea. Not so much, but I dominated what he ordered. A double cheeseburger with an ommlett and hashbrowns on it, with a side of fries and toast. Not a damn thing left on my plate. Yea I felt skinny, and was burping burger and eggs the next morning. Good choice Ian, cerainly helped the diet.

Rebels lost the series in baseball, falling to Mercer and USA. Not a good start, but at the same time, the guys will realize, that just because they put the uniform on does not make them good. Championship caliber teams, find ways to win. Now, I don't think their is anyone out there that thinks a team in baseball can go undefeated, so I am not really all too concerned right now about our season as many people on Ole Miss message boards seem to be. We lost a series. In February. Season ends in May folks with 4-5 games a week. Newsflash, we will lose again. Baseball could be one of the most balanced games in sports, on anygiven day, at anygiven time anyone can beat anyone. That is why the championship is 7 games. We just have to learn from our mistakes, produce offensivley and get back on the horse. I hope this was a humbling weekend for our team. I also hope our fan base realizes not to judge a season from one weekend. Lets wait a little longer before we can really say how good or bad we might be. .......

No comments: