Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thursdays Rant

So I think most of you can gather, that I like to post videos, as we are all visual learners and they are probably more entertaining than some of my posts, SOME. Anyway, lets start the morning off right. What would my blog be without something to do with the almighty Ole Miss Rebels. Some of my links choose to work, and some don't for some reason. Anyway, Cliff Notes of the link is that Rivals is talking about Regional Projections for College Baseball. They have the Rebs hosting, but not as a national seed. They also have us paired up with Texas, assuming the win their regional, and we win our regional we would be heading to Austin for a rematch of the 05 Regional in Oxford. Other National seeds : UNC, UGA, UC-Irvine, Texas A&M, LSU, Cal St, and Rice. The Rebs season opener is tomorrow at 3PM in Mobile for the Coca Cola Classic. Look for Nathan Baker to come back from his season slump and have a breakout year. Will Kline and Scott Bittle both had terrible Sophomore years, to come back and have stellar careers. I also see Bukvich becoming a weekend starter when it is all said and done, and maybe even contribute at the plate. Defensively folks, we are strong. Bats should come alive, and I think you will see the Rebs become a complete team and maybe even become a national seed, the series in Baton Rouge will be crucial for that.

http://collegebaseball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1169&CID=914144

Baseball Media Days from Monday.


Sweet Stadiums:
http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/college/season-preview/2009/267641.html

Diamond Rebs making some noise in the bigs.....from milb.com

"Chris Coghlan: A first-round pick, the left-handed hitter could be Florida's second baseman of the future, should the team decide after this year to not retain Uggla. In Spring Training, Coghlan, who batted .298 at Double-A last year, will also get a look at third base. He's regarded as a pure hitter, but not a big power threat. "

That-a-boy Cogs.

Other Rebs to look to make a splash on MLB rosters by seasons end:
Matt Maloney -- Reds
Matt Holliman -- Brewers

Already There
Matt Tolbert
Seth Smith
T.J. Beam
David Delluci
and I am having a brain fart but the guy with red hair who played for the A's and Boston.....Geez this is gonna kill me.....ahhh yes Bobby Kielty.

Might Make some noise in the Minors
Lance Lynn
Cody Satterwhite
Stephen Head
Zack Cozart
Justin Henry


The Local Voice is out for more on Oxford and Ole Miss, as we all love to read and follow.

http://www.thelocalvoice.net/LocalVoice-PDFs/TLV-74-web.pdf

They talk about the music scene in Oxford picking up steam, as I would agree that the LYRIC has quickly helped Oxford's night life. For those who haven't been to Oxford lately, it has certainly grown and gotten more bars and restaurants. West Jackson Ave is has probably at least 10 more restaurants than when I was in school. The square, since I graduated picked up Roosters, which is a blues bar and BBQ, awesome patio. The Red Roof Grill and Bar, also bluesy. The Downtown Grill added a huge bar downstairs. The somewhat recent renovation of the Library, has really made it the staple bar of Oxford. Lyric kicks ass. Then they are building a Daquri and Po Boy shop where L'Amore used to be. By football season Vieux Carrie should be complete which has been rumored to have a piano bar, and a fresh market. Oxford is alive and well. Gah, I miss that place.

This is what I did Friday, and it's as close to a rave as I think I will ever get, and it was amazing.



This gentlemen is a poet, please listen to his lyrics. I wonder if mario would play this on Friday nights at the library?



The Rebs basketball team beat the Vols yesterday. Well done. I really thought we would be done after we lost 3 starters to season ending knee injuries, but I must say, I have been impressed with the turn out of the season. But the SEC still blows at basketball, and I hope the Memphis Tigers lose everygame.

Well, time for you and me to get back to work. Maybe lunchtime will provide something non Ole Miss. Doubt it though.

No comments: